West Maui’s Lahaina Town is a popular destination for visitors from around the world. Once the capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii, a busy whaling port and plantation settlement, Lahaina continues to draw in more than two million visitors annually.
On your next trip to Maui, make sure to take an extended stay in Lahaina for some of its greatest activities and attractions. Some of our favorites include:
- Relax under the Banyan Tree – One of Lahaina’s biggest attractions, this is a great place to escape the sun and enjoy a relaxing picnic in the shade.
- Friday Night Art Night – Browse art galleries and watch local artists create amazing work right in front of you!
- Happy Hour – Fleetwood’s on Front Street has a great rooftop patio and live music. Order some pupus and enjoy a magical Maui sunset.
- Old Lahaina Luau – The most authentic choice for a luau on Maui, head here for amazing entertainment, food and drinks with the whole family.
- Dinner with a View – Head to Mala Ocean Tavern for delicious cocktails and cuisine with a fantastic ocean view.
- Whale Watching – Grab a seat on the nearest beach and keep an eye out for blowholes and breaching humpback whales. This is one of the best places to whale watch in all of Hawaii!
- Lahaina Historic Trail – Take a free walking tour of some of Lahaina’s most historical attractions and learn about the history of the area.
- Halloween – Front Street s the place to be if you’re in Maui on Halloween. Dress up and enjoy costume contests, live music and fun under the stars.
For the best lodging option in Lahaina Town, head to The ilikahi, a new boutique retreat opened in January 2014. Located among tropical gardens and within walking distance to all of Lahaina’s best attractions, The ilikahi is comprised of four freestanding suites, all influenced by Hawaiian and Balinese architecture with environmental ethics.
The ilikahi has no air conditioning, but plenty of fresh breezes and ceiling fans for a comfortable stay in tropical paradise. Wake up to the sound of chirping birds and streaming water and enjoy a perfect day in Hawaii.
Suites include the Ginger Suite, Hibiscus Suite, Plumeria Suite and Jasmine Suite and are all unique and beautifully decorated.
For more information, visit theilikahi.com or call directly at +1(808)662-8780. Mahalo for reading, and we hope you enjoy your stay in Lahaina Town!