Maui has a new web camera, which is pretty exciting for all of us addicted to Maui. It’s attached to the Makena Golf Resort and is owned and operated by Kai Kanani Sailing Charters.
You can see it live here: Makena Web Camera
The camera switches views from multiple locations on an automatic basis. The camera is located in a prime location, high up on the Makena Beach & Golf Resort, which gives it a great number of potential views. These are the views that it is set on right now:
- Mooring of the Kai Kanani II
- Molokini Crater (Close Up)
- Molokini Crater from the Beach
- Beach Check in area for the Kai Kanani
- Lanai Island
- South Maui area (includes Puu Olai and Kahoolawe)
- The Beach in front of the Makena Resort
- Surf Conditions for Beach Loading (2 views of this)
- Maalaea Harbor and West Maui Mountains
Below is an animation showing sceenshots from each view. We know you must think we’re a little crazy about this, but we don’t have that many webcams on the island, and it’s nice to have one that has so many views. it’s like having 10 cameras in 1.