New Kahului to Hana Flights!
That’s right! Mokulele Airlines is flying twice-daily from Kahului Airport (OGG) to Hana (HNM) beginning October 1st, 2012. Visitors to Maui will be able to enjoy spectacular views aboard a 9 seat Cessna Grand Caravan 208B on a short flight to and from Hana for only $59/each way.
This is a great deal for both local residents and visiting travelers. Some advantages of flying rather than driving are:
- TIME SAVINGS: Mainland and outer-island visitors win with less overall travel time. Also some local Hana residents work in Kahului town, and a 20 minute flight might occasionally be worth it depending on budget and time constraints.
- NO CAR SICKNESS: For tourists that would love to visit Hana but have severe car sickness, this is a great option.
- SAVE MONEY: For those that travel alone on the Road to Hana, $59/each way could be cheaper than filling your gas tank a few times.
- NO TRAFFIC: If there’s a road closure or heavy traffic, the drive can become pretty intense.
- COMPLIMENTARY FLIGHTS: Guests that book 3 nights all-inclusive Total Travaasa packages will be given complimentary flights! It doesn’t get better than staying at Travaasa, though complimentary tickets definitely sweeten the experience. Visit Travaasa or call 1-888-225-8230.
The flight schedule is as follows:
OGG 11:19am – HNM 11:40am
HNM 12:00pm – OGG 12:21am
OGG 4:14pm – HNM 4:35pm
HNM 4:55pm – OGG 5:16pm